BEFORE YOUR TAN
- Exfoliate the night before your tan. Pay particular attention to dry areas such as knees & elbows – try Sienna X Polishing body scrub.
- Paint nails & toenails.
- Remove any unwanted hair 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Don’t moisturise, use perfume or deodorant before your tan.
- Remove contact lenses before the treatment to avoid contamination.
- Bring loose dark clothing and flip flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothing will cause the tan to rub off.
AFTER YOUR TAN
- Leave the tan to develop for the recommended time.
- Shower until the water runs clear and gently pat dry. Try our PH balance Sienna X Face & body wash.
- Avoid excessive exercise, perspiring or getting wet during the development.
- Long baths or going swimming will fade your developed tan quicker.
- Remember that sunless tan does not protect your in the sun. Use SPF to avoid burning.
- Moisture daily to enhance your tan and prolong the colour. Try our Sienna X Radiance Body Balm
- Start to exfoliate four days after your tan to encourage even fading. Try Sienna X Exfoliating Body Scrub.
FAQS ABOUT YOUR SIENNA X SUNLESS TAN
How dark will I get?
Sienna X has a range of solutions and your therapist will help you customise your ideal tan. Your tan results will depend on how well you tan naturally. The darker you tan in the sun, the darker you tan with Sienna X. Many people like to have a bespoke tan, so it’s lighter in the winter months, darker in the summer.
How long will my Sienna X sunless tan last?
Your tan will last approximately 5 to 7 days depending on your daily skincare regime, lifestyle and if you have exfoliated well prior to your tan. A sunless tan fades just like a tan from the sun – so as your skin sheds dead cells, your tan will fade. It is really important to moisturise daily with Sienna X radiance body balm. Using the unique Sienna X Gradual self tan lotion after day three will also prolong and top up your tan.
Will I need to use sun protection with a Sienna X tan?
Yes, we recommend you use a sunscreen with a high SPF. Look for a formula which is oil free to prevent your tan from stripping.
Consult your therapist if you…
- Are in your first trimester of pregnancy.
- Have had an allergic reaction to tanning or any other skin products.
- Are asthmatic or if you have breathing difficulties.
Any further questions, please speak to your therapist before your appointment.